The University of Illinois works with Contractors to help complete a variety of construction projects. The University has processes, policies and tools that must be used during the construction process. The tools on this page are specific to the Contractors – each with a description and link.
Processes, Policies, and Tools
- UI Delivery Process: High level overview of the standard project delivery process.
- Prequalifying: All Contractors that want to do work with the University must be prequalified. CAPS utilizes PRZM™ usernames and passwords. If you are not registered, click here. Use the CAPS Job Aid if you have any questions or contact the AITS Service Desk for support.
- Construction Bids: The University advertises all projects through the Illinois Public Higher Education Procurement Bulletin. Contractors can register on this website and receive emails when new projects in their area of interest are posted. Please review this tutorial on how to sign up for the Bulletin email notification.
- Minority and Female Business Enterprise Utilization: The University encourages diversity among its vendors. The Board of Trustees has established goals for construction vendors consistent with State law. To assist Prime and Sub vendors, the University has compiled MBE/FBE information and a list of available resources.
- Contracts and Forms: The University has standard Contractor Agreements that are used for all construction contracts. Web-based forms are also provided to aid in completing the necessary documentation.
- Design and Facilities Standards: Each campus has developed standards for design and facilities that the PSC must adhere to during the design process. UIUC
- Policies and Laws: As a state university, the University must follow the policies and laws of Illinois.