The University of Illinois contracts with Professional Service Consultants (PSC) to help complete a variety of design and construction related activities. The University has processes, policies and tools that must be used during the design and construction process. The tools on this page are specific to the PSC – each with a description and link.
Processes, Policies, and Tools
- UI Delivery Process: High level overview of the standard project delivery process.
- Prequalifying: All PSC firms that want to do work with the University must be prequalified with the CDB.
- Minority and Female Business Enterprise Utilization: The University encourages diversity among its vendors. The Board of Trustees has established goals for design professionals consistent with State law. To assist Prime and Sub vendors, the University has compiled MBE/FBE information and a list of available resources.
- Contracts and Forms: The University has standard Contractor Agreements that are used for all construction contracts. Web-based forms are also provided to aid in completing the necessary documentation.
- Design and Facilities Standards: Each campus has developed standards for design and facilities that the PSC must adhere to during the design process. UIUC
- Policies and Laws: As a state university, the University must follow the policies and laws of Illinois.